Friday, July 8, 2011

Panama City - Central America

Iv been here nearly two weeks now so Iv a bit of catching up to do. So backtracking a bit, here is a short account of the events of Panama City! (coppied from my lovely diary given to me by Katie x)

Ok so I got here safe and sound. It was a loooong trip!! And doing it hungover to bits after the boat day with the girls did not help. I WAS DYING and thought I was going to loose my life.... I flew to London then from London to Sao Paulo, Brazil. This was an 11 hour flight with a shit load of turbulance. Thank god Ro gave me a Zanix!!! I was KO'D for most of it :) So got to Sao Paulo at 5.30 am local tme and I have to wait 6 hours for my next flight. IT WAS HELL. The stupid chairs in the airport had the arm rests on them so I couldnt lie down. I had to make a little bed for myself on the floor.... lovely! Soa Paulo to Panama was a 6hour flight, I slept for most of this too so that was grand!

I nearly shit myself walking out of the airport in Panama... (28/7) thank god I had arranged for the guy from the hostel to come pick me up! So he was there waiting for me which was great, it ment I didnt have to think and could just hop in his car and get brought to where I was going. Daniel the hostel guy is soooound, hes been looking after me since I got here. The first day I got in at 5.30 I was just too tired to do anything so I slept for 13 hrs straight... so hopefully my jet lag is sorted out.

So yesterday (29/7) really was my first proper day here. The hostel is cool. Its new so its nice and clean. Im in a womens dorm with 9 other girls... its really weird waking up and staring into the eyes of someone ya have never met before hahah (well for some of you this happens quite a bit but not saintly me hahaha) Ya can have two pancakes for breakfeast every morning and as much coffee as ya can handle, which is great. Theres a small pool here too.

So when I woke up yday, I asked Dan (the hostel guy) what I should do and he arranged for his friend a taxi driver to give me a tour of the city. 3 others from the hostel wanted in on this so off I went with an American (Ben), a guy from France (Benouir) and a South African WEIRDO (Mick)..... Went around the city for the day. Photos are up, so you can all see what I saw!

It is HOT HOT HOT. But not only that is soooo HUMID. Im sitting here writing this and Im sticky... its horrible.  Got a tiny bit too much sun yday and I actually have strap marks.. PLEASE GOD this will form into some sort of tan :P

Thursday (30/7) I headed up to the old town. Beautiful old buildings, churches and street traders. Spent the best part of the dy up there just chilling out.

I plan on leaving here Sunday. The whole point of me coming to Panama was so I could sail to Colombia. Its not a ferry that you get and there are no timetables to go by. You basically have to find a boat and a good captain who is sailing across. There a loads of boats but some are dodgy so ya have to be careful. But I think Iv found one that is sailing on Sunday. Im meeting the Captain tonight to sus it out. Basically 7 people can  go on these boats and its a 5 day trip. You stop off at Islands called SAN BLAS on the way (GOOGLE THEM!!!) and stay with the indigenous people. Over the 5 days you help cook and sail the boat etc.

So thats my next stop! And then my adventure in Colombia.

Its 11.24 am here now. Im chilling with my American buddy Ben... I HAVE A FRIEND YAY!!!! hahaha Going to head off and do some exploring now. Panama is ok... I think after today Il have seen all there is to see and Il be glad to move on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment