Monday, July 18, 2011

Nom Nom Colombia

I love my food. Eating is defo one of my favourite things to do and I especially love trying new things. While I havnt eaten anything too mad (yet) I have tried the local cusine which I have found to be delicious (see below).


Ceviche

This dish is called Ceviche. Basically its raw fish  marinated in citrus juices such as lemon or lime and spiced with chilli peppers. I love this! Its usually serverd with salad and crackers and can be picked up for a couple of dollars.



Zumo

Fresh fruit is everywhere in Colombia. You name it they got it. The lady in this pic made me a delicious fruit mix with ice nicer than any smoothie Iv ever had at home. When I do settle myself down somewhere my first purchase will be a blender!



Now this is thee typical Colombian dish. Red snapper, coconut rice, fried plantain & salad. The fish will be served with all its bones, head and tail still intact! With a squeeze of lime juice this makes for a great dinner. (Actually now that I think about it lime is served with everything, I have yet to see a lemon in S.A)


Aguadient.... the local spirit. Its a very wattered down version of Sambuca. Its not actually that bad. You buy a bottle and sit it on ice at the table. Then every now abd then between beers you take a shot followed by a slice of lime if you want. Not my favourite but its ok.


Beans beans good for you heart..... Black beans, they may not look the best but a black bean stew with a bit of chorizo thrown in tastes yummy and will fill you up!



No comments:

Post a Comment